Presentation of the exchange
The exchange was aimed at giving to the New Entrepreneur the opportunity to gain more experience in the European project management field in order to lay down the basis to realize her business idea in close collaboration with the Host Entrepreneur.
Several issues related with management and running business have been analyzed to facilitate a successful start and development of the New Entrepreneur business idea and to establish conditions for future partnerships.
The achievement of the project objectives has been pursued under the supervision of the Host Entrepreneur by:
- taking part in the meeting of the staff;
- learning from the Host Entrepreneur how to face possible problems related to the management of this business;
- sharing with the Host Entrepreneur all her knowledge and by proposing new ideas in order to increase customers and create new business opportunities;
- attending European meetings, conferences and events to increase New Entrepreneur personal networking and to identify new partners for both Parties;
- carrying out researches and analysis of the concrete opportunities provided by EU funds to potential new clients;
- participating in projects promoted by the Host Entrepreneur through monitoring and analysis of calls for proposals and projects proposals writing;
- supporting the Host Entrepreneur in daily activities such as contract drafting and implementation, letters to costumers as well as other relevant documentation necessary to improve the New Entrepreneur knowledge about how to manage a business.
Profile of the entrepreneurs:
- New Entrepreneur: Carmela D’Alfonso
Duration of the exchange: 5 months
Sector of activity: Consultancy services on EU policies
She wanted to work closely to consultants and project managers in the European project management field in order to realize her business idea which arises from the need to bring together the needs, capabilities and interests of her territory with the opportunities offered by the European Union.
- Host Entrepreneur: Marcello Aglietti-ZanonSector of activities: Consultancy services on EU policiesCity: Bruxelles, BelgiumHe was looking for young Italians with the aim to offer them an enter gate to the world of the European Union and to allow them to exploit their potential by offering a real valuable training in the field of European projects, project financing, project management, advocacy, management in order to learn how to face the challenges in this sector of activity.
Quote of the NE
“The Erasmus experience helped me to start a negotiation that will lead to the signing of a contract with new customers in my territory which represent a good starting point to set up a new business.”
Moreover, this experience has led the New Entrepreneur to gain a better understanding of EU policies through the study of European platforms, of territories, of the new European programs and the new cohesion policy 2014-2020 and she has also improved her proposal writing skills.
All these activities have allowed the New Entrepreneur to participate in many events organized by the European institution which have given the opportunity to increase even her personal networking that will be also critical to the activities that she will carry out in the future.
The New Entrepreneur believes that the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneur program is a great tool for those who have a clear idea of their goals and who choose carefully their host entrepreneur that will help them to exploit their potential first of all and to reach their main business objectives. Without a clear idea of the objectives and of the business idea it could become a simple internship experience without prospects for the future.
Quote of the HE
“The New Entrepreneur, through her ideas and strong motivation, was able to give a good contribution to my business. She was able to acquire new customers and to establish a trusting collaboration that has created good conditions for future cooperation.”
New and experienced entrepreneurs shall apply for the programme via the web page www.erasmus-entrepreneurs.eu
For further information about the programme:
Dott.ssa A. Sarateanu, CSCS
This article was funded by the European Union’s COSME Programme (2014-2020).
The content of this article represents the views of the author only and it is her sole responsibility; it cannot be considered to reflect the views of the European Commission and/or the Executive Agency of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME) or any other body of the European Union. The European Commission and the Agency do not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.