Presentation of the exchange
During the exchange, the NE has cooperated with the HE to reach his goals and learnt more about the HE’s business process, related to the UK legal business entities, in the sector of energy, clean technology and smart sustainable organisations. The HE has helped the NE to develop his entrepreneurial skills by setting up a shadowing relationship between them. The NE also helped the HE in his business with a background in areas of law and business. Both the HE and the NE gained new connections and perspectives for their future businesses.
Profile of the entrepreneurs
- Name: Davut Barış
- Surname : Durna
- Duration of the exchange : 3 months
- Sector of activity : Renewable Energy
- What was he looking for: Learning new practices concerning renewable energy, Improving his language skills and obtaining convenient connections for future business plans.
- Name: Gary
- Surname: Hayes
- Sector of activity: Renewable Energy
- Exact location: London, CM1 4JG
- What was he looking for: To facilitate a motivated new entrepreneur from Turkey by sharing their knowledge and experience with him. This would involve the NE taking a management role in several projects within the HE company and understanding how the business works in a particular context of the UK leading to a potential cooperation in thefuture.
Quote of the NE
I could have a chance to develop my language skills and to learn a new business beside acquiring new connections in London. That was a pleasure to discover London while learning renewable energy projects. I highly recommend this program to others.
Quote of the HE
We’ve trained a young professional who could become a business partner. We’ve got new and fresh ideas about our business in this sector in Turkey in particular; market analysis on a new country. The NE has experienced renewable energy projects and technology. He has also explored the management of a project and understood the marketing and planning in the business.
New and experienced entrepreneurs shall apply for the programme via the web page
For further information about the programme:
Ms. A. Sarateanu, CSCS
This article was funded by the European Union’s COSME Programme (2014-2020).
The content of this article represents the views of the author only and it is her sole responsibility; it cannot be considered to reflect the views of the European Commission and/or the Executive Agency of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME) or any other body of the European Union. The European Commission and the Agency do not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.